Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Hannah's Little Ladybug Tutu/Wings

Kira loves her ladybug wings and antennae from Little Diva Tutus! Here is a video of her minutes after opening the box:



Yes, I know, this is a ladybug costume and not a butterfly costume, but frankly K has come into contact with very few ladybugs in her life and is OBSESSED with butterflies.

We have had the outfit for a few weeks now, and I can tell you that it is standing up well to a 19 month old's whims. Kira now puts the outfit on herself, usually as soon as she gets back from daycare. While the antennae bend a bit, I have not seen any wear and tear, nor have any of the spots on the wings fallen off. Anytime Kira has, well, run into walls with the wings on, they have been easily bent into place. This is one tough outfit!

So, other than the toughness of the wings, I really like the fact that the wings and headband stay put, even on a 19 month old who is small for her age. The colors are spot on, and the entire assembly is well constructed. I also like the fact that a purchase of the ladybug tutu benefits St. Jude's.

Now, if only I can get her into the tutu -- the tutu fits, I am sure, but K seems wary of the purpose of the tutu. Maybe we need to watch more Angelina Ballerina cartoons. We will try to get her into it this weekend for Trick or Treat town. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment